Al-Shabaka Seeks New Managing Director
Al-Shabaka is seeking a managing director who can build on the progress achieved to date and take the organization to the next level, working closely with the staff team and reporting to the board of directors. The MD will provide strategic leadership; lead high-level fundraising efforts; invest in organizational development; and engage in outreach to civil society partners and the policy community among other constituencies. The successful candidate will have:
- Sound experience of organizational development and strategic planning and visioning. Familiarity with US rules and regulations relating to non-profit organizations is an asset.
- A solid track record in fundraising with both individual major donors and foundations, as well as the capacity to develop the organization’s overall fundraising strategy together with board and staff.
- Demonstrated ability for staff, contractor, and intern management including support of internal development and growth and familiarity with best practice in leading virtual teams, mentorship, and other areas of nurturing staff.
- Ability to nurture allies and build relations with the policy community, civil society organizations, and the media to expand Al-Shabaka’s outreach.
- A solid grasp of the Palestinian question, current and across time, and an in-depth understanding of Palestinian positioning within the Arab world and internationally with the ability to steer the organization and its policy output effectively through diverse external environments. Lived experience in Palestine or the region is an added advantage.
- An excellent command of English and good working knowledge of Arabic
Location: Washington DC or NY City preferred. Other locations in the US or overseas may also be considered. Note this is a remote-based post; Al-Shabaka is an online think tank with staff based in several countries.
Salary range: 55,000 – 65,000 USD with a modest benefits subsidy. This is a full-time position with an anticipated start date of early 2021. The successful applicant will join a dedicated team and an organization that offers a flexible and supportive work environment.
TO APPLY: Please email [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Please indicate “Managing Director application” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is December 31, 2020.
Al-Shabaka is an equal-opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, or sexual orientation. Candidates will in the first instance be identified from among the members of Al-Shabaka’s policy network.