Al-Shabaka seeks a part-time Communications Assistant to run and expand the organization’s Facebook page and Twitter feed in both English and Arabic, aid in editing and pitching English language op-eds penned by Al-Shabaka analysts, and help with other tasks as needed, including setting up and running a podcast.
Hours: 10 hours/week
- Post on Al-Shabaka’s Twitter feed and Facebook page daily in English and Arabic
- Research and implement social media strategies for a wider and more engaged audience
- Commission and edit two English op-eds a month and undertake outreach for them
- Explore opening and running additional social media accounts
- Help with other media and communications tasks as needed, such as occasional memos to a media list and a podcast
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Communications Assistant position.” Deadline to apply: January 20, 2020.