* Palestinians have a right to request international aid, and donors have an obligation to provide it.
* The manner in which this aid has been provided may actually facilitate violations of Palestinian rights under international humanitarian law.
* A donor framework of Israeli “exceptionalism,” a policy of non-confrontation, and an absence of accountability has become the norm.
* Legal experts should be consulted to determine the threshold for possible violations.
* States have an obligation to ensure that the arms and ammunition they supply are not used to commit violations.
* Legal limitations mean that truth commissions or public enquiries are needed at present to redress aid complicity.Read More