Al-Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network is seeking a part-time intern for summer 2021. The intern will be housed in Al-Shabaka's editorial department, and responsibilities will vary according to their particular skill set. Assigned tasks may include: background research for publications, fact-checking, editing, op-ed composition, and the production of original analysis.
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in a post-secondary degree program in the social sciences or humanities; enrollment in a graduate program is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the Palestinian context is required.
- Excellent command of English; reading proficiency in Arabic is highly desired.
- Previous research experience.
- Self-discipline and outstanding time management skills.
The internship will run from June-August and require a commitment of 10-20 hours per week. Compensation for this short-term internship is an $800 honorarium, as well as credit within final products as appropriate. We also offer flexible work hours and are happy to coordinate with colleges and universities that may wish to provide academic credit.
Please note that this is a remote-based position; coordination and communication with Al-Shabaka staff will take place primarily through telecommunication platforms, requiring the researcher to have a personal computer and a high-speed internet connection.
To Apply: Please submit a brief cover letter, resume (listing previous research experience), and one writing sample (in English, no more than 3 pages) to [email protected], with "Al-Shabaka Internship" in the subject line. Deadline for submissions is March 22nd, 2021.