Al-Shabaka: The Palestinian Policy Network is seeking a part-time research intern for summer 2020. The intern will support Al-Shabaka’s policy analysts in research efforts for an upcoming study on Palestinian narrative, including a leading role in the preparation of a literature review.
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in a post-secondary degree program in the social sciences or humanities; enrollment in a graduate program is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the Palestinian context is required.
- Excellent command of English; reading proficiency in Arabic is highly desired.
- Previous research experience.
- Self-discipline and outstanding time management skills.
The internship will run from June-August and require a commitment of roughly 20 hours per week. Compensation for this short-term internship is an $800 honorarium, as well as research credit within the final publication. We also offer flexible work hours and are happy to coordinate with colleges and universities that may wish to provide academic credit. Please note that this is a remote-based position; coordination and communication with Al-Shabaka staff will take place primarily through telecommunication platforms, requiring the researcher to have a personal computer and a high-speed internet connection.
To Apply: Please submit a brief cover letter, resume (listing previous research experience), and one writing sample (in English, no more than 5 pages) to [email protected].
Deadline for submissions is March 20, 2020 Deadline for submissions has been extended until March 31st, 2020.