Bethlehem, occupied West Bank - On the evening of July 22, Palestinian youths from the Bethlehem-area village of Wadi Fukin ran to fields set ablaze by Israeli settlers.
Village resident Qais Manasra told Al Jazeera that three dunams (0.7 acres) of wheat on his property were burned that night, adding to about 200 olive trees destroyed on the outskirts of the village during arson attacks carried out by settlers since June.
The incident was one of many carried out late last month on Palestinians or their property in the occupied West Bank, in what the United Nations reported as the highest number of attacks by settlers in a week-long period since the start of the year.
Samer Jaber, a resident of the Bethlehem-area town of al-Khadr, told Al Jazeera that he was recently on his land with a surveyor when an Israeli settler from the illegal Derech Havaot outpost hit him several times. Jaber then captured on video Israeli soldiers standing by as the settler shot live fire at him and his relatives.